Microneedling Treatment In Colchester
Microneedling is used to treat and improve skin conditions like acne scarring, fine lines, skin texture and pigment issues.
Microneedling uses small needles to create contact points in the skin. This causes the body to create a wound healing process for rejuvenated, smoother and younger looking skin by increasing the production of collagen and elastin to give an almost immediate plumping effect.
While some results may be almost immediate, your best results usually won't be visible until four to six weeks after the procedure.
Micro-needling is a safe natural, holistic alternative for resurfacing the skin using microneedles without an aggressive machine which is safe for all skin types. When combined with autologous (your own) Platelet, this treatment provides optimal results to improve wrinkles, large pores, scars, stretch marks and overall skin appearance by stimulating new collagen/growth factors formation.
• Avoid Accutane ( drug used to treat severe acne that hasn't responded to other treatments) for the past 6 months.
• Do not use topical agents that may increase sensitivity of skin: retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, acids that may be drying or irritating to the skin (such as alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) beta hydroxyl acids (BHA), exfoliating masks, salicylic acids, hydroquinone, and benzoyl peroxide acne products) 5-7 days prior.
• Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, for 3 days prior to treatment. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
• Avoidance of IPL/Laser procedures, unprotected sun exposure or sunburn for 2 weeks prior
• No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis to area being treated 5-7 days prior
• No shaving the day of the procedure to avoid skin irritation. If there is dense hair present in the treatment area, closely shave the area the day before you arrive to your appointment.
• Moles, warts or actinic (solar) keratosis cannot be treated.
• If you are prone to cold sores, take antiviral agent for 2 days prior to and day of treatment.
Preparing the skin for this procedure will ensure optimum results. Healthy skin will respond better and results will last longer. Skin cells need nutrients for best function.
Skin care for pre-conditioning 4-6 weeks prior. We can recommendations if pre-conditioning needed.
Pregnancy, actively infected or actively inflamed skin, skin irritation, cystic acne to area being treated, keloid scars, allergies to topical lidocaine and sunburn.
What to expect after your treatment
Immediately after your Medical Micro-Needling procedure, Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen 1 week. DO NOT ice face or use arnica or bromelain. These agents may interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for 2 weeks. After 24 hours, always use a full spectrum sun screen SPF30 or above. When exposed to sun, wear a hat and apply sunscreen every 2 hours.
Optional dietary recommendations: Eat fresh pineapple, tart cherry juice (no sugar), salmon (omega-3 fish oil), bone broth based soups, continue taking collagen 1 & 3 supplement (Collagen MD Advanced Connective Tissue Support Formula) for 2 weeks to optimize healing. Avoid dairy, wheat and sugar!
A sunburn -like effect is normal. The skin will feel tight, dry, sensitive to touch. Treat skin gently washing with a gentle cleanser, cool water, using hands only and pat dry no earlier than 4 hours after treatment. Redness or sensitivity might well be present. Some small bruising is common with PRP injections and may last up to 5-7 days and swelling can last 2-4 days depending on how aggressive of a treatment you received.
Plan social calendar accordingly!
Avoid strenuous exercises that cause sweating, jacuzzi, sauna or steam baths for 24 hours due to open pores, or up to 48 hours if inflammation exists.
May only use Oxygenetix Make-up post procedure or Mineral makeup after 24 hours
Sleep on your back with head of bed elevated to minimize swelling or pain as needed
Peeling may start 3-5 days after treatment. You will notice skin dryness and flaking. This is due to an increased turnover of skin cells. Do not pick, scratch or scrub at treated skin!
Allow old skin to flake off naturally and keep moisturized AT ALL TIMES with Hyaluronic serum and TGF- growth factor followed by Le Mieux Derma Relief Serum for extra dry skin every 2 hours if needed.
You may restart your regular skin care products and Retin-A once your skin is no longer irritated.
Many patients have noticed continued skin improvement for months following the last treatment.
For best results, we recommend follow up and repeat treatments in 4-6 weeks and a series of 3-5 treatments depending on your personalized care plan.
On the day of your treatment
Skin is clean without lotion, oil, makeup, powder, perfume or sunscreen. Patient may wash face in office upon arrival.
Inform provider of any relevant changes in your medical history and of all medications you are taking. Please notify us of any cosmetic tattoos to areas being treated.
1. Before treatment you will need to fill in the following form so your therapists knows everything about you and your skin to make your treatment the best it can be: